Diplomate American Academy of MUA physicians
Diplomate with the American Academy of MUA Physicians is an honor. Being an DAAMUAP® is a distinction earned from colleagues who recognize your accomplishments and achievements over and above your normal practice.
DAAMUAP Diplomate is primarily achieved through advancement from the MUAC Membership. Diplomates are authorized to use the letters DAAMUAP (Diplomate of the American Academy of MUA Physicians) in connection with their professional activities for as long as their membership remains current. DAAMUAP is a federally registered service Trademark.
The Diplomate in MUA course requires a MUA certification as a pre-requisite. If a physician is already certified in manipulation under anesthesia the following must be met in order to obtain diplomat status with the American Academy of MUA physicians. Earing the DAAMUAP certification requires the following:
- Be a current member of the American Academy of MUA Physicians in good standing for a minimum of 2 consecutive years. (click here to enroll)
- Complete and submit the online credentialing application form and documentation.
- Submit a non-refundable one time $250 application fee for diplomate status made payable to the American Academy of MUA Physicians.
- Proof of Current BLS-HCP CPR certification.
- Proof of Certification in MUA.
- 300 cases that can be documented with a letter from a Hospital or outpatient surgical center, stating that the physician has performed 300 procedures, is active and in good standing. The total sum of procedures can be obtained from multiple centers.
- Submit 3 cases that show that MUA improved based on the following:
- 1 Spine and 2 Extremities
- Pre/Post Exam, Outcome Measures for the region being treated, Pain Outcomes, ICD-10 code and CPT code.
- Please submit and email with the following information:
- Doctor’s Full Name (as to be seen on Diplomate)
- Address of practice location (this is where it will be mailed to).
- Doctor’s Phone number
- Doctors’ email
- Letter(s) from a center(s) documenting that you have completed 300 cases.
- Submit in 3-PDF files, 3 cases to include the above needed information.
- Once the above is received, an electronic statement will be emailed to the doctor to make payment (within 72 hrs.). The Diplomate Award can take up to six weeks to process. An email will be sent regarding processing and mailing status.
*To apply for non-member Diplomate status, please email info@AAMUAP.com
Click Here for Diplomate Application